Discover the secret recipe of our new celebrity pastry “Bite Me“, one of the most sumptuous desserts at The Junction At Pullman, the best café in Bangkok.
Composition of Bite Me:
- White Chocolate Sponge Cake
- Raspberry Compote
- Berries Supreme
- Violet Glazing
1. White Chocolate Sponge Cake (for 1 tray 60×40 cm)
- White Chocolate Melted 300 g
- Butter Soft 240 g
- Egg Yolk 150 g
- Lemon Skin Grated ½ unit
- Egg White 250 g
- Sugar 200 g
- Flour 120 g
- Mix butter and white chocolate.
- Add egg yolks and mix in the machine with the paddle until smooth.
- Beside make a meringue with sugar and egg whites.
- Mix by hand both preparations and as last step pour in the flour and lemon skin grated.
- Mix carefully and pipe the mixture in an oven tray with parchment paper 0.5 cm high.
- Bake at 180ºC for 10 minutes.
2. Raspberry Compote
- Sicoly Raspberry Purée 300 g
- Whole Raspberries 100 g
- Honey 90 g
- Sugar 30 g
- Pectine NH 8 g
- Gelatin 12 g (soit 6 feuilles)
- Combine sugar and pectine.
- Put the gelatin sheets in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Heat the puré at 40ºC and ad little by little the mix of sugar and pectin.
- Bring to boil stirring.
- Add the honey and boil again.
- Out of the heat add the raspberries and the gelatin.
- Mix and place on the desired molds.
3. Milk Chocolate and Berries “Supreme”
- Cream 35% 100 g
- Milk 100 g
- Egg Yolks 40 g
- Sugar 25 g
- Sicoly Blackberry Purée 55 g
- Sicoly Blueberry Purée 270 g
- Milk Chocolate 40% 525 g
- Gelatin Sheets 2.5 units (5 g)
- Cream 35% 225 g
- Mix sugar and egg yolks.
- Boil cream and milk.
- Mix both preparations and cook until 84ºC.
- Remove from the heat and pour into the gelatin leaves.
- Pour this cream little by little onto de chocolate melted and emulsify with a mixer.
- Then add the fruit purées and the lime zest.
- When the mixture at 40ºC fold into the semi-whipped cream.
4. Violet Glazing
- Water 225 g
- Sugar 225 g
- Glucose Syrup 450 g
- White Chocolate 450 g
- Gelatin Sheets 24 g
- Unsweetened Condensed Milk 300 g
- Violet Color (as needed)
- Mix sugar, water and glucose and bring to boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the hydrated gelatin and the condensed milk.
- Pour onto the melted chocolate and mix well until combined.
- Let to rest 12 hours into the fridge and use at 30ºC on the cake completely frozen.
Finishing – Bite Me
- Place the Supreme into the molds until half.
- Insert the frozen raspberry compote and pipe some more supreme on top.
- Cover with the white chocolate sponge. Freeze.
- Glaze the monoportion and finish with the Namelaka whipped and decorate with some berries.