Discover the secret recipe of our new celebrity pastry “Indulgence“, one of the most sumptuous desserts at The Junction At Pullman.
1. Soft Chocolate Sponge Cake (for 1 tray 60×40 cm)
- Icing Sugar 125 g
- Sicoly Granulated Orange Peels 50 g
- Butter 150 g
- Dark Chocolate 65% 150 g
- Egg Yolks 7 units
- Egg Whites 7 units
- Sugar 125 g
- Flour 150 g
- Put icing sugar and butter in the kitchen aid or kenwood bowl and mix with the paddle until emulsified.
- Add the chocolate melted but not so hot.
- Then add the egg yolks and keep mixing at medium-high speed until get a smooth texture.
- Whip egg whites with sugar until get nice soft picks meringue.
- Add the meringue on the previous mixture carefully and then the flour also with the spatula carefully.
- Pipe the mix on a baking tray with parchment paper and bake at 180ºC for 12 minutes approximately.
2. Crunchy Praline
- Almond Praliné 225 g
- Milk Chocolate 40% 90 g
- Butter 30 g
- Cocoa Butter 25 g
- Maldon Salt 2 g
- Crunchy Wafer 40 g
- Melt the cocoa-butter and the chocolate together.
- Add the praline, the butter, the salt and the crunchy wafer.
3. Mango and Mandarin Compote
- Sicoly Mango Purée 180 g
- Sicoly Mandarin Juice 120 g
- Sicoly Orange Granulated Peels 40 g
- Fresh Mango 500 g
- Honey 90 g
- Sugar 30 g
- Pectin NH 8 g
- Gelatin 10 g (5 units)
- Combine sugar and pectine.
- Put the gelatin sheets in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Heat the purée at 40ºC and ad little by little the mix of sugar and pectin.
- Bring to boil stirring. Add the honey and boil again.
- Out of the heat add the diced mango and the gelatin.
- Mix and place on the desired molds.
4. Mango-Mandarin and Chocolate Mousse
- Sicoly Apricot Purée 200 g
- Sicoly Mandarin Purée 120 g
- Milk Chocolate 40% 500 g
- Cream 35% 600 g
- Gelatin Sheets 4 units (8 g)
- Melt the chocolate at 45ºC.
- Heat mango purée and then melt into the gelatin sheets already soaked in cold water.
- Then add the remaining purée.
- Combine by mixing both preparations and at 30ºC fold into the semi-whipped cream.
5. Milk Chocolate Glazing
- Water 170 g
- Sugar 300 g
- Glucose Syrup 300 g
- Milk Chocolate 40% 350 g
- Gelatin Sheets 16 g
- Condensed Milk 200 g
- Mix sugar, water and glucose and bring to boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the hydrated gelatin and the condensed milk.
- Pour onto the melted chocolate and praliné and mix well until combined.
- Let to rest 12 hours into the fridge and use at 40ºC on the cake completely frozen.
- Fill the molds with the mousse and insert the compote already frozen.
- Pipe some more mousse and cover with the sponge. Freeze. Glaze and decorate.