Discover the secret recipe of our new celebrity pastry, Half Way, the home of the world’s most delectable fancies. They’re so simple to make at home or why not taste one at The Junction At Pullman.
1. Tender White Chocolate and Lemon Sponge
- White Chocolate Melted 300 g
- Butter Soft 240 g
- Egg Yolk 150 g
- Lemon Skin Grated 1 unit
- Egg White 250 g
- Sugar 200 g
- Flour 120 g
- Mix butter and white chocolate.
- Add egg yolks and mix in the machine with the paddle until smooth.
- Beside make a meringue with sugar and egg whites.
- Mix by hand both preparations and as last step pour in the flour and lemon skin grated.
- Mix carefully and pipe the mixture in an oven tray with parchment paper 0.3 cm high.
- Bake at 180ºC for 8 minutes.
2. Compressed Apple with Honey
- Green Apple Diced in Cubes 1×1 cm 500 g
- Honey 100 g
- Lemon Juice 40 g
- Put the ingredients in a Vacuum bag and sealed at maximum pressure.
- Leave 24 hours into the fridge.
3. Lemon and Olive Oil Cream
- Whole Eggs 300 g
- Sugar 250 g
- Sicoly Lemon Juice 250 g
- Gelcrem Hot Sosa 25 g
- Olive Oil 120 g
- Gelatin Sheets 2 g
- Mix eggs, lemon juice, sugar and Gelcrem Hot and cook at medium heat and stirring until boiling point.
- Remove from the heat, add the gelatin bloomed and olive oil. Let to cool.
- Put into a piping bag with the Montblanc nozzle.
4. Whipped Lemon Ganache
- White Chocolate 140 g
- Gelatin Sheets 5 g
- Cream 500 g
- Sicoly Lemon Juice 120 g
- Heat half cream.
- Add the gelatin sheets previously soaked in cold water.
- Pour onto the chocolate and emulsify.
- Add the remaining cream and then the lime juice.
- Mix well and keep 12 hours in the fridge. Whip and use.
5. Green Apple Glazing
- Isomalt 600 g
- Cream 400 g
- Sicoly Lemon Juice 150 g
- Water 250 g
- Glucose 200 g
- Condensed Milk 300 g
- White Chocolate 480 g
- Gelatin Sheets 34 g
- Yellow Color (as needed)
- Green Color (as needed)
- Combine cream, crushed lemon purée, water and glucose and warm.
- Melt isomalt in a pan and deglaze with the previous mixture.
- Remove from the heat and add the bloomed gelatin and the condensed milk.
- Pour over the white chocolate and emulsify and add color. Use at 28º-30ºC.
- Once the lemon and apple gel whipped, pipe into the insert molds and finish to fill with the apple cubes. Freeze.
- Once whipped the lemon ganache fill the stone molds until half and insert into the middle the previous preparation.
- Cover with some more whipped lemon ganache and finish with the sponge. Freeze.
- Glaze and then pipe in spiral shape the lemon and olive oil cream.
- Decorate with some micro-herbs.