Discover the secret recipe of our new celebrity pastry, Japanese Connection, the home of the world’s most delectable fancies. They’re so simple to make at home or why not taste one at The Junction at Pullman.
1. Green Tea Soufflé Sponge
- Butter 120 g
- Cake Flour 120 g
- Strong Flour 40 g
- Whole Egg 250 g
- Egg Yolk 205 g
- Milk 100 g
- Sugar 145 g
- Egg Whites 360 g
- Lime Zest Grated 2 units
- Green Tea Powder 15 g
- Put milk, lime zest grated and butter together in a casserole
- Heat until boiling point
- Remove from the heat and add flours mixed previously in once
- Stir with a spatula until get homogeneous dough
- Add egg yolk and whole egg little by little stirring constantly until get a smooth and shinny mixture
- Whip egg whites and sugar and add to the previously mixture
- Pour the mixture in a baking try lined with parchment paper and bake at 180ºC for 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let cool down. Put some weight on top to make some pressure.
2. Mandarin Compote
- Sicoly Mandarin Purée/Juice 900 g
- Fresh Orange Segments 400 g
- Honey 270 g
- Sugar 120 g
- Pectine NH 20 g
- Citric Acid Solution 7 g
- Sicoly Orange Granulated Peels 50 g
- Gelatin 30 g
- Combine sugar and pectin. Put the gelatin sheets in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Heat the purée at 40ºC and ad little by little the mix of sugar and pectin
- Bring to boil stirring
- Add the honey and boil again
- Out of the heat add the orange segments dices small, the citric acid solution and the gelatin.
- Mix and place on the desired molds.
3. Yuzu and Ginger Cream
- Sicoly Yuzu Purée 200 g
- Sugar 300 g
- Whole Eggs 300 g
- Modified Corn Starch 27 g (Sosa Gelcrem Cold)
- Grated Ginger 7 g
- Gelatin Sheet 2 g
- Mix all ingredients together with a hand blender
- Cook them until boiling point stirring constantly
- Remove from the heat, add the gelatin bloomed, mix again with the hand blender and let to cool
4. Yuzu and mandarin whipped ganache
- White Chocolate 280 g
- Gelatin Sheets 10 g
- Cream 1000 g
- Sicoly Yuzu Purée 40 g
- Sicoly Mandarin Purée 80 g
- Heat half cream
- Add the gelatin sheets previously soaked in cold water
- Pour onto the chocolate and emulsify
- Add the remaining cream and then the lime juice
- Mix well and keep 12 hours in the fridge
- Whip and use
5. Green apple glazing
- Isomalt 600 g
- Cream 400 g
- Sicoly Yuzu Purée 150 g
- Water 250 g
- Glucose 200 g
- Condensed Milk 300 g
- White Chocolate 480 g
- Gelatin Sheets 34 g
- Yellow Color (as needed)
- Combine cream, crushed lemon purée, water and glucose and warm
- Melt isomalt in a pan and deglaze with the previous mixture
- Remove from the heat and add the bloomed gelatin and the condensed milk
- Pour over the white chocolate and emulsify and add color. Use at 28º-30ºC.
- Put a first layer of sponge and pour on top the mandarin compote.
- Let to set in the fridge.
- On top spread some yuzu and mandarin whipped ganache.
- Cover with another layer of sponge.
- Then pipe strips of yuzu cream and set. Spread on top 1 cm. of yuzu and mandarin whipped ganache.
- Glaze and decorate.